Halloween Hair Tricks: Part Three
by Michelle Lemire October 20, 2014
Image by Madison Reed
Coming up with a great Halloween costume can be as easy as the perfect hairstyle, a little bit of makeup, and a whole lot of attitude. Check out the second set in our month-long series of Halloween hairstyles – all completed by our own Madison Reed ladies.
Thanks to Chelsea, our fabulous Color Crew lead!
- Start by finding the perfect middle part in your hair
- Flat iron your hair (see our tips on flat ironing)
- Spray hair to smooth any flyaways, add some eyeliner and rock this Cher circa 1960s look
Thanks to Puja, our Biz Dev marvel!
- Pull your hair back into a french braid that moves diagonally across the back of your head. We suggest getting a friend to help (Thanks Tana!)
- Leave out several tendrils and curl them loosly
- Work on your aloof yet fierce warrior look
Thanks to Stephanie, one of our talented Color Crew Coloristas!
- Divide your hair into two sections
- Used a doubled strip of florists wire that will run from the tip of one braid, over your head like a headband, all the way to the tip of the other braid
- Braid the first section of your hair including the wire as you work
- Run the wire over your head and braid the wire into the second braid
- Bend as needed!
Thanks to Tasha, one of our amazing Color Crew professionals!
- Start by finding the perfect middle part in your hair and dividing your hair into two sections
- Pull your hair up into two high ponytails. Back tease ponytails for fullness
- On each side, pull the hair through the elastic one last time, creating a loop. Then feed the bottom of the ponytail through the loop
- Wrap the remaining lengths of hair around the Minnie Ear buns and pin into place
Thanks to Joy, another of our incredible Color Crew professionals!
- Starting at the front on either side of your head, separate two small sections and braid them. Join the two braids at the back
- Curl the rest of your hair in loose curls
- Back tease hair to create volume if necessary
Hope you enjoyed our Halloween Hair ideas!
Be sure to sign up for our email newsletter to get exclusive news, professional hair tips, special offers, and much more!
By: Natasha, Misha, and Tana
Tags: Halloween Author-Lemire
Share Your Photos: #MADISONREEDCOLOR