The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Gorgeous Vacation Hair
by Kimberly Caldwell July 05, 2017
Image by Madison Reed
It's hot. Which means you probably don't want to blow dry your hair. Of course when you're on vacation, you want to look cute for all those selfies you're taking ... we know how it is. Problem is, between the beach, the pool, sleeping in and staying out too late, you don't have a lot of time to spend doing your hair. Welcome to #VacationHairProblems. Lucky for you, we have a few tricks to get you looking #VacationHairGorgeous in less time than it takes to hashtag all your photos.
INSIDE OUT PONYTAIL, i.e. FANCY PONYTAIL
- With your fingers or brush, gather your hair in a low ponytail and secure with an elastic hair band.
- Use your fingers to create a hole above the hair band close to the scalp.
- Pull the ponytail down through the hole, all the way through. Adjust the hair as needed.
- Look like a boho vacation goddess.
HALF KNOT, WILL TRAVEL
- Take two sections of hair above the ear and twist to the back of the head.
- Tie a knot with the hair.
- Tuck ends of hair under.
- Secure with a bobby pin.
- Voila! You so fancy.
- Take a square top section of hair and clip it out of the way.
- With your fingers or a brush, gather your hair in a low side ponytail and tighten with an elastic hair band.
- Braid the top section that you have clipped out of the way. Braid this section in the direction of the hair band.
- When the braid reaches the hair band, use another hair band to fasten over, securing the braid and ponytail together.
- Recline next to a pool and look like the siren you are.
TIE ONE ON...WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A SCARF
- Use a large, lightweight square scarf.
- Fold in half into a triangle, placing the long side across the top of your head.
- Take the two ends and bring towards the back of your head and tie in a double knot.
- Bring the knot to the right or left side and pull your bangs out.
- Instant chic.
So now that you know how to do these easy peasy pretty styles ... where will you go on vacation?
Tags: Braid Ponytail Scarf Author-Caldwell
Share Your Photos: #MADISONREEDCOLOR