Here at Madison Reed, one of the questions we get asked most often is, how am I supposed to color the BACK of my hair by myself? And, like most questions we get asked, we think the best answer is a video, so we made a tutorial showing you just how easy it is to color the back of your hair. Trust us—we’ve got your back (of head). Ready? We swear, it’s easier than you might think...
How to Color the Back of Your Head in 6 Seriously Simple Steps
by Susannah Murdock November 07, 2018
Image by Madison Reed
How to Color the Back of Your Head
1. Divide your hair into 2 sections.
2. Divide those sections into 2 more sections. This is best done by creating a part at the top of your ear. Secure that section with a hair tie or clip to keep it out of the way.
3. Repeat with the remaining 3 sections.
4. Put on gloves. Take down first back section of hair. Start by applying color to your part, making sure to massage the color into your hair.
5. Repeat this process with the side section, applying color along the part and hairline.