Growing out short hair can be a real pain! Try our messy up-do to give you a new look while you’re waiting for your hair to grow out.
Here’s our simple step-by-step tutorial for this versatile style–from the professionals on our Color Crew. (Check out the written tips at the bottom of this post!)
How to Create a Twist-N-Pin Hairstyle
By: Natasha Siebert
Photos by: Carlie High
- Section out a 2″ by 2″ section right below your crown.
- Twist and pin this section, this will act as base to anchor all your other pins.
- Start taking small sections, twisting and pinning to the base you have created.
- Take and twist pieces from your nape and pin to the base.
- Take sections from your temple and twist back, pinning in place.
- You are left with the top section, back tease just a bit for some added volume.
- Twist back and pin back, hiding the original base you created.
- The finished product should look messy and lovely.
- Finallly, pull out a few face framing tendrils and you are on your way!