Plan a day to sit back, relax, and treat yourself. Madison Reed will help you plan the perfect day of pampering with essential accessories, healthier hair color, and DIY beauty treatments from head to toe. Get ready to look and feel your best without ever stepping outside.
What’s a spa day without the right accessories? Use this checklist to prep so you can relax in style.
1. Terrycloth Robe
The warm embrace of a plush bathrobe will get you feeling comfy, cozy, and ready for your day of pampering.
2. Cushy Slippers
Complete your spa day ensemble with a fluffy pair of slippers.
3. The Perfect Playlist
Assemble your favorite tunes to set the mood just right. Whether soothing instrumental tunes speak to your inner goddess, or you need to channel the raspy vocals of Stevie Nicks, a pamper playlist will always help you unwind.
If you want to try something new, here’s a playlist from Spotify called Happy to be Home that feels pretty appropriate!
4. Healthier Hair Color
If you’re coloring your hair on your spa day, set yourself up for success with the Radiant Color Kit, which includes everything—from premium gloves and cap, to color-enhancing shampoo and conditioner—for gorgeous results with no fuss or mess.
Gals in the know will also download the app to access voice-controlled tutorials. You can tell your iPhone or iPad to go forward, repeat a step, or even call a colorist if you need help. Who knew talking to yourself could be so productive! ;)
5. Shine Enhancer
Whether you color your hair or not, hair gloss is the salon stylist’s secret to soft, shiny, healthy hair. You can correct faded color and highlights, adjust brassiness, or add clear shine, all while gently conditioning your hair. Win-win-win!
6. Dark or Old Towel
If you’re coloring hair on your spa day, keep a dark towel (or an old towel you don’t mind staining) on hand.
7. A Great Read
Grab that book you’ve been dying to read or stock up on your favorite magazines to keep you company while soaking up the treatments.
Indulge yourself from the inside out with refreshing, healthy snacks that range from sweet to savory.
1. Hydration Station
Chill a pitcher of water with your favorite sliced fruits, herbs, and veggies to stay happily hydrated. Try these three tasty combinations or create your own:
- cucumber and mint
- lemon and strawberry
- watermelon and rosemary
2. Fresh Berries
Berries are a naturally delicious treat that offer a burst of tart sweetness with each bite. Mix up a bowl of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries for an all-day snack that packs a bevy of flavor.
3. Cucumber Sandwiches
Embrace being a lady of leisure on spa day with classic cucumber sandwiches. Lightly spread a tablespoon of low-fat cream cheese on whole wheat bread, add a layer of sliced cucumbers, and season to taste with freshly ground salt and pepper. Right before serving, cut them into small triangles and arrange neatly on your finest china. It’s your day!
4. A Sweet Treat
And yes, it is healthy to enjoy your favorite treats once in while. Whether your favorite sweet is dark chocolate, a warm oatmeal raisin cookie, or a scoop (or two!) of rich ice cream, give yourself a break and indulge a little. It’s what the Italians call la dolce vita… the sweet life!
With your accessories and snacks prepped, it’s time to get to the best part—beauty treatments that nourish you from head to toe.
1. Apply hair color at the beginning of your spa day, and you’ll be sitting pretty and enjoying the gourmet refreshments and luxury surroundings as the color processes.
2. If your spa day is more about maintaining your hair, Madison Reed has DIY recipes for healthy treatments. From adding body to fine, limp hair with beer, to quelling frizz with a mashed avocado, most ingredients are already chilling in your kitchen.
3. While your hair is soaking up the goodness, treat your skin to nourishing face mask. Once again, we’re raiding the fridge and cupboards to create homemade treatments you’ll love.
- Banana Honey Facial: Combine ½ mashed banana with 1 tablespoon honey and 2 tablespoons sour cream. Apply to face and leave for 10 minutes. Gently wipe off with a damp washcloth, and you'll see a brighter complexion.
- Cucumber Yogurt Facial: Puree ½ of a peeled and sliced cucumber in a blender or food processor with 1 tablespoon plain yogurt. Once mixed, add to your face and leave on for 20 minutes. Gently wipe off with a damp washcloth, and enjoy freshly hydrated skin.
4. It wouldn’t be a complete day of pampering without a classic mani/pedi.
- Nourish your hands and feet with a rich, hydrating lotion. Allow a few minutes for the lotion to soak in and soften your skin.
- Next, rub cuticle oil or cream along the top of each nail.
- Clip and file your nails to shape them.
- Prep the surface for polish with a little rubbing alcohol (to remove oils).
- Pick your favorite colors and paint away!
You deserve a full day of pampering and relaxation, and Madison Reed is here to help you get it. Get great results based on your unique hair and style by building your Hair Profile or calling the Color Crew, our team of certified colorists and stylists, at 1.888.550.9586 for a free professional consultation!