This is a great look to utilize whether you are feeling whimsical or running a little late. You can use a bandana of your choice to really make your style pop! This is also a great way to hide roots when you haven’t had a chance to color or are growing hair out!
Here’s our simple step-by-step tutorial for this versatile style–from the professionals on our Color Crew. (Check out the written tips at the bottom of this post!)
How to Tie a Bandana Headscarf
Photos by: Jess Dibala
- Take bandana and fold in half in a triangle shape.
- Take pointed tip and fold in to meet the the long side.
- Fold remaining bandana in half.
- Put hair back in a pony tail or bun.
- Take folded bandana and put biggest part at the base of the head with the “tails” of the bandana in both hands at the top of your head.
- Cross the “tails” over each other.
- Tie a knot.
- Tie another knot.
- Spread the knot part to look even.
- Tuck the ends of the bandana into the headband part.