Courtesy of Why Did You Wear That
The Emergency: Gum in your beautiful mane of hair.
How You May Have Gotten Here: You let your 4-year-old have a stick of gum cause big brother got one. She shows her appreciation by spitting it out in your hair when the flavor is gone.
Solution 1: Ice
- Soak your hair in salt water. (This helps lower the temperature that the ice melts at and therefore makes the gum easier to remove from hair).
- Ice the gum for about 10 min using ice cubes.
- Scrape out the gum.
Solution 2: Peanut Butter
- You can actually use any oil-based food product, including veggie oil or olive oil.
- Cover gum completely in oil using your fingers or an old toothbrush. Wait a few minutes to let it work in. The oils in these products make the gum stiffer and less sticky.
- Pull gum out and and wash hair as normal.
Tips for Prevention: Unless you want to withhold gum privileges from your younger children, you’re just going to have to become a pro with these solutions.