Madison Reed’s “Thank you Mom” CONTEST
Last Updated: April 19, 2017
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook™. You understand that in connection with this Contest you are providing your information to Sponsor. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest should be addressed to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
The Madison Reed “Thank You Mom” Contest begins on April 21, 2017 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) and ends on April 27, 2017 at 5:00 PM PT the (“Promotion Period”).
The Madison Reed “Thank You Mom” Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Contest period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to enter in the Contest. Posting content to the applicable entry page or tab, or otherwise participating in the Contest, constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Contest Official Rules (“Official Rules”). Void outside the United States, in Puerto Rico, and wherever else prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Madison Reed, Inc., 430 Shotwell Street, San Francisco California 94110
3. To Enter
To enter the Contest during the Promotion Period please do the following:
- Visit the Madison Reed Facebook Page located at http://www.facebook.com/MadisonReedLLB/photos/p.1318504274911374/1318504274911374/?type=3&theater (“Webpage”);
- On the Webpage go to the Thank You Mom Contest post posted by Madison Reed containing the Contest details (“Contest Post”); and
- Post a comment to the Contest Post using one or more words to fill in the blank in the following sentence “Thank You Mom, for my beautiful __________________” (each an “Entry Comment”).
To participate in the Contest via Facebook as stated above, entrants must have an account with Facebook. If you do not have an account with Facebook go to www.facebook.com and create an account according to the instructions on the website. Creating an account is free. Please note that you must accept and agree to comply with the terms and conditions for Facebook to create an account. NOTE: Sponsor may not receive entries from Facebook users with “protected” updates (i.e., a user has set her account so that only people the user has approved can view their comments).
Entry Comments must comply with these Official Rules to qualify for entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to remove Entry Comments that do not so comply. In addition, Entry Comments must comply with Facebook’s Community Standards available at https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards, together with all other official Facebook policies, rules, regulations and guidelines, as well as these Official Rules. If an entrant deletes an Entry Comment during the Promotion Period or prior to the winner being selected, the entrant will be disqualified.
You can enter the Contest as many times as you like during the Promotion Period. Use of any automated system to participate in the Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for Entry Comments that it does not receive for any reason, or for Entry Comments that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason. Sponsor will automatically disqualify any incomplete or illegible Entry Comments, and any Entry Comments that we receive from entrants that do not satisfy the requirements described in these Official Rules. For purposes of this Contest, an Entry Comment is "received" online when Sponsor’s server records the Entry Comment information, as applicable. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or "thanks for entering" message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an Entry Comment for purposes of this Contest.
4. Entry Comment Guidelines
- An Entry Comment must NOT do any of the following:
- Contain content that violates or infringes upon another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, trademark or copyrights), or that is comprised of content that is not entrant’s original work;
- Contain content that has previously been awarded a prize, or award during any other contest or promotion sponsored by Sponsor;
- Contain content that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, profane, pornographic, sexually explicit, suggestive or contain nudity, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, controversial or libelous;
- Contain content that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contain content that depicts illegal activity or is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable laws or regulations;
- Disparage Sponsor or any of the products or services of Sponsor, any of Sponsor’s competitors or their products or services, or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- Contain company names, product names, brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use for this Contest solely to the extent expressly permitted hereunder, if at all;
- Contain the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any celebrities and/or other public or private figure, living or dead;
- Contain content with which Sponsor does not wish to associate itself, in its sole discretion;
- Contain content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the Contest;
- Contain content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco; and/or
- Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to associate, in its sole discretion.
- Sponsor does not claim any ownership rights in your Entry Comment and nothing in these Official Rules will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your Entry Comment. By entering the Contest and/or submitting any Entry Comment, you hereby grant to Sponsor a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense (through multiple tiers), to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, reference, store, cache, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast and otherwise exploit such Entry Comment in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed, in whole or in part, for any purposes, including on and through third-party distribution channels selected by, but not affiliated with, Sponsor, for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. The rights you are granting to Sponsor include the right to sublicense these rights to third parties for distribution via third party distribution channels, which may include viral distribution of your Entry Comment. You agree that neither Sponsor nor any third party distribution channels have any obligation to provide any compensation to you for your Entry Comment or the licenses granted herein.
- By entering an Entry Comment, entrants acknowledge that Sponsor may obtain other Entry Comments that are similar or identical in theme, format or other respects to that submitted by the entrant. Entrants acknowledge that, by entering an Entry Comment, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas, themes, or concepts previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than the entrant. By entering an Entry Comment, you agree that Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entry Comments by third parties. Sponsor does not guarantee the posting of any Entry Comment and reserves the right to take down any Entry Comment for any reason at any time.
5. Judging and Selection of Winner
All qualified Entry Comments will be judged by a panel of Sponsor’s employees who are experts in the fields of marketing and media advertising. The Entry Comments will be judged according to the following equally weighted factors: (i) originality; (ii) uniqueness; (iii) creativity; and (iv) the embodiment of Madison Reed’ brand and lifestyle image.
The entrant whose Entry Comment earns the highest overall score will win. The decisions of the judges will be final. If any ties must be broken to determine the winner, the judges will choose the tied Entry Comment that is the most creative.
6. Prizes and Odds
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive two (2) one hundred dollar ($100) Madison Reed Gift Cards (delivered electronically).
Terms and conditions of any vouchers or gift cards apply. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsors for a prize of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $200 (USD).
7. Notification of Winners/How to Claim the Prize
On or about April 28, 2017 the potential winner will be sent a direct message to the Facebook account from which he or she submitted the Entry Comment with instructions on how to claim the prize (“Notification”). The winner will be required to: (i) follow the instructions on the Notification and provide his or her email address, first name and last name (no initials), complete street address (no PO Box), city, state and zip code, and birth date. The potential winner must complete this process within forty-eight (48) hours from the date of the Notification or the prize may be forfeited. In certain circumstances the winner may also be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification (or shorter time if required by exigencies) and may be disqualified if he or she fails to do so in which case an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible; is not in compliance with these Official Rules; declines to accept the prize; or if the Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from the remaining valid, eligible Entry Comments entered and judged during the Promotion Period. The prize will be emailed to the address set forth in the potential winner’s Notification response within 2 to 4 weeks from the date of verification. The prize may arrive earlier depending on availability. Sponsor will not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason.
8. General Conditions
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by Madison Reed, Inc. which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. All entries, as applicable, become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, an Entry Comment will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Facebook account used at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who registered for and maintains a Facebook account in accordance with all laws, rules, regulations and Facebook policies, guidelines, rules and procedures. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with the Entry Comment.
By participating in this Contest, you further agree to waive, release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc. and each of their parents, affiliated companies and all subsidiaries and their directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest (together, the “Released Parties”), from and against, any claims, injuries (including death), loss, expenses or damages and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise in whole or in part from the acceptance, possession, use or enjoyment of a prize or parts thereof, participation in or operation of, the Contest, or in any prize-related activity, including, without limitation: any (i) condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted, (ii) injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest, (iii) printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest, (iv) electronic, network or computer failures or malfunctions, or other hardware, software or technical errors of any kind; and (v) any injury or damage to any person’ s computer related to, or resulting from, participation in the Contest or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest.
In no event will Sponsor be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the promotion, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsor HAs been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the use of his or her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, worldwide in perpetuity, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, and Sponsor’s website at https://www.madison-reed.com, without further notice, permission and/or compensation.
10. Additional Conditions
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to you. The Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, you acknowledge that you have these Official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
12. Personal Information
Sponsor will use the personal information it collects from entrants to facilitate their participation in the Contest and as may be more specifically set forth in these Official Rules. In addition, Sponsor may use your personal information to contact you with information regarding Sponsor’s products and services. By participating in the Contest, you consent to such collection and use of your personal information.
13. Winner’s List, Official Rules
For a list of prize winners, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Thank You Mom Contest, Madison Reed, Inc. 430 Shotwell Street, San Francisco CA 94110. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Promotion Period.
Ask Our Color Crew
Questions about color?
Ask our Licensed Colorists
Monday through Friday: 6am to 6pm PT
Weekends & Holidays: 8am to 5pm PT