MADISON REED'S THE MOTHER OF ALL MOTHER'S DAYS' CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook™. You understand that in connection with this Contest you are providing your information to Sponsor. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest should be addressed to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
The Madison Reed Mother of All Mother’s Days’ Contest begins on May 5, 2017 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) and ends on May 11, 2017 at 1:00 PM PT the ("Promotion Period").
- Eligibility: The Madison Reed "Mother of All Mother's Days'" Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Contest period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to enter in the Contest. Posting content to the applicable entry page or tab, or otherwise participating in the Contest, constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Contest Official Rules ("Official Rules"). Void outside the United States, in Puerto Rico, and wherever else prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Sponsor: Madison Reed, Inc., 430 Shotwell Street, San Francisco California 94110
- To Enter: To enter the Contest during the Promotion Period please do the following:
- visit the Madison Reed Facebook Page located at https://www.facebook.com/MadisonReedLLB/ ("Webpage");
- on the Webpage select the Facebook tab for the Contest titled "Photo' Contest" (the "Contest Tab Page");
- and follow any instructions on the Contest Tab Page (entering any required information);
- upload one of your favorite photographs of you and your mother and enter a caption with the photograph explaining why the photograph is one of your favorites. Each photograph together with its caption will be considered a "Submission" for the purposes of these Official Rules.
To participate in the Contest via Facebook as stated above, entrants must have an account with Facebook. If you do not have an account with Facebook go to www.facebook.com and create an account according to the instructions on the website. Creating an account is free. Please note that you must accept and agree to comply with the terms and conditions for Facebook to create an account. NOTE: Sponsor may not receive entries from Facebook users with "protected" updates (i.e., a user has set her account so that only people the user has approved can view their comments).
Submissions must comply with these Official Rules to qualify for entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to remove Submissions that do not so comply. In addition, Submissions must comply with Facebook's Community Standards available at https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards, together with all other official Facebook policies, rules, regulations and guidelines, as well as these Official Rules. If an entrant deletes a Submission during the Promotion Period or prior to the winner being selected, the entrant will be disqualified.
You can enter the Contest as many times as you like during the Promotion Period. Use of any automated system to participate in the Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for Submissions that it does not receive for any reason, or for Submissions that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason. Sponsor will automatically disqualify any incomplete or illegible Submissions, and any Submissions that we receive from entrants that do not satisfy the requirements described in these Official Rules. For purposes of this Contest, a Submission is "received" online when Sponsor’s server records the Submission information, as applicable. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or "thanks for entering" message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of a Submission for purposes of this Contest.
- Submission Guidelines:
- By entering a Submission, you represent and warrant that each Submission: (i) is your original work and does not infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or violate any applicable law or regulation; (ii) has not been previously awarded a prize, or award during any other contest or promotion sponsored by Sponsor; (iii) is not obscene, lewd, profane, pornographic, disparaging, indecent, does not show illegal or other inappropriate or dangerous behavior, or is not in keeping with the image of the Sponsor’s brand, and does not depict products competitive with those of Sponsor, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and (iv) if it includes material or elements that are not owned by you and/or are subject to any rights of any third parties, you have obtained any and all licenses, releases, permissions and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Submission by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, any name and likeness releases for any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Submission, prior to entry.
- Sponsor does not claim any ownership rights in your Submission and nothing in these Official Rules will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your Submission. By entering the Contest and/or submitting any Submission, you hereby grant to Sponsor a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense (through multiple tiers), to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, reference, store, cache, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast and otherwise exploit such Submission in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed, in whole or in part, for any purposes, including on and through third-party distribution channels selected by, but not affiliated with, Sponsor, for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. The rights you are granting to Sponsor include the right to sublicense these rights to third parties for distribution via third party distribution channels, which may include viral distribution of your Submission. You agree that neither Sponsor nor any third party distribution channels have any obligation to provide any compensation to you for your Submission or the licenses granted herein.
- By entering a Submission, entrants acknowledge that Sponsor may obtain other Submissions that are similar or identical in theme, format or other respects to that submitted by the entrant. Entrants acknowledge that, by entering an Submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas, themes, or concepts previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than the entrant. By entering an Submission, you agree that Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Submissions by third parties. Sponsor does not guarantee the posting of any Submission and reserves the right to take down any Submission for any reason at any time.
- Judging and Selection of Winner: All qualified Submissions will be judged by a panel of Sponsor’s employees who are experts in the fields of marketing and media advertising. The Submissions will be judged according to the following equally weighted factors: (i) originality; (ii) uniqueness; (iii) creativity; and (iv) the embodiment of Madison Reed' brand and lifestyle image.
The entrant whose Submission earns the highest overall score will win. The decisions of the judges will be final. If any ties must be broken to determine the winner, the judges will choose the tied Submission that is the most creative.
- Prizes and Odds: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive two (2) one hundred and fifty dollar ($150) Madison Reed Gift Cards (delivered electronically).
Terms and conditions of any vouchers or gift cards apply. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsors for a prize of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $300 (USD).
- Notification of Winners/How to Claim the Prize: On or about May 13, 2017 the potential winner will be emailed via the email address submitted with his or her Submission. In certain circumstances the potential winner may also be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification (or shorter time if required by exigencies) and may be disqualified if he or she fails to do so in which case an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible; is not in compliance with these Official Rules; declines to accept the prize; or if the notification email or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from the remaining valid, eligible Submissions entered and judged during the Promotion Period. Allow 2 to 4 weeks for delivery of prizes which will be emailed to the verified winner's email address. The prize may arrive earlier depending on availability. Sponsor will not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason.
- General Conditions: By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by Madison Reed, Inc. which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. All entries, as applicable, become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, a Submission will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Facebook account used at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who registered for and maintains a Facebook account in accordance with all laws, rules, regulations and Facebook policies, guidelines, rules and procedures. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with the Submission.
- By participating in this Contest, you further agree to waive, release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc. and each of their parents, affiliated companies and all subsidiaries and their directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest (together, the "Released Parties"), from and against, any claims, injuries (including death), loss, expenses or damages and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise in whole or in part from the acceptance, possession, use or enjoyment of a prize or parts thereof, participation in or operation of, the Contest, or in any prize-related activity, including, without limitation: any (i) condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted, (ii) injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest, (iii) printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest, (iv) electronic, network or computer failures or malfunctions, or other hardware, software or technical errors of any kind; and (v) any injury or damage to any person’ s computer related to, or resulting from, participation in the Contest or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest.
In no event will Sponsor be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the promotion, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsor has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the use of his or her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, worldwide in perpetuity, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, and Sponsor's website at https://www.madison-reed.com, without further notice, permission and/or compensation.
- Additional Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to you. The Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, you acknowledge that you have these Official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
- Disputes: Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
- Personal Information: Sponsor will use the personal information it collects from entrants to facilitate their participation in the Contest and as may be more specifically set forth in these Official Rules. In addition, Sponsor may use your personal information to contact you with information regarding Sponsor’s products and services. By participating in the Contest, you consent to such collection and use of your personal information.
- Winner's List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Mother of all Mother’s Days' Contest, Madison Reed, Inc. 430 Shotwell Street, San Francisco CA 94110. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Promotion Period.
Ask Our Color Crew
Questions about color?
Ask our Licensed Colorists
Monday through Friday: 6am to 6pm PT
Weekends & Holidays: 8am to 5pm PT