Madison Reed Launches New Contest to Honor Breast Cancer Survivors
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, after lung cancer. In the United States, it is estimated that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer during their lifetime.
Despite these scary facts, there are an increasing number of cancer survivors now more than ever thanks to improvements in early cancer detection, more effective cancer treatments, and support for research to find a cure.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we want to know who inspires you in the fight against breast cancer. Every situation is different and every survivor has a unique story. Join us in celebrating the lives of those who have fought and continue to fight breast cancer with a day of pampering, sponsored by Madison Reed.
Here’s how to enter:
Nominate a friend or family member who is a breast cancer survivor and share with us their unique, inspiring story by either:
- Submitting a video (less than 1 minute long) or sharing your nominee’s story (in 250 words or less) on our Facebook page.
- Or, emailing your nominee’s story (250 words or less) to MRSurvivor@madison-reed.com.
- For text stories, be sure to include a photo or two of yourself and your nominee!
Tag your nominee and @madisonreedllb in your description along with the hashtag #MRSurvivor.
All entries must be made by 11:59pm PST on October 31, 2014. Entrants must be a resident of the US to participate. Click here for a full list of the contest rules.
Here are some inspiring stories from members of our team:
Our Colorist Tana shares her good friend Nicole’s story of survival and the importance of listening.
Our Director of Marketing Strategy Puja recounts her friend Julie’s upbeat and strong spirit throughout her treatment.
What are the prizes?
Eight (8) winners will be chosen by a selection committee and will each receive:
- A $50 Gift Card to be used at a local spa.
- A Madison Reed Radiant Color Cream Kit (valued at $29.95).
- A Madison Reed Full Nourishing Color Enhancing Shampoo & Conditioner set (valued at $29.95).
- A Madison Reed comprehensive color consultation (valued at $50). A professional, licensed stylist will analyze winners’ current hair color, texture, and style and provide a personalized recommendation based on desired results.
- A Madison Reed Root Touch Up, our NEW product coming soon! (valued at $29.95).
- Madison Reed will also donate $50 in the name of the winner to City of Hope to support breast cancer research.
- Winners will also be profiled on social media channels, including our blog!
Total value: Over $230!
Together, let’s be strong, have faith, give hope, and Live Life Brilliantly.