One of the true joys of the holiday season is spending time with loved ones, and you don’t always need a party to do that. Madison Reed presents a DIY Holiday Hair Accessories series to help you set aside some fun, creative family time!
Today’s piece is a dramatic red feather clip, created and modeled by Caroline, our supply chain manager.
Hot glue gun or Super Glue
Plain hair clip
1. Cut gold ribbon into four 2” strips
2. Glue each ribbon strip into a loop
3. Glue the inside middle of each ribbon loop (so they look like figure 8’s)
4. One by one, glue ribbon loops onto base of feather
5. Stagger placement so that the loops form a flower petal arrangement
6. Glue gem button over center of ribbon flower
7. Let the piece dry for 20 mins or more
8. Glue hair clip to the back of feather backing
9. Let it dry overnight before using
Sam’s Simple Style Tips:
This accessory can work with all hair types, up or down.
1. Smooth on STYLE to get frizz-fighting lightweight control
2. Curl shorter hair with a thin wand to get a loose, romantic wave
3. Clip hair up on one side
4. Smooth on TAME to control flyaways
Play with placement to see how the feather can frame your face and style in the most flattering way.
Our model uses Prosecco gloss to keep her hair color rich and lustrous through the holiday season.
Keep learning how to make your hair look and feel its very best! Sign up for the Madison Reed email newsletter to get professional hair tips, exclusive news, special offers, and more! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter to get expert hair tips wherever you get news.